Whitney, LLP has been involved in the representation of Fire Sprinkler Contractors and defense of claims involving Fire and Life-Safety Systems since its inception. Daniel W. Whitney, Sr. directs the firm’s Fire and Life-Safety Systems claims and litigation. In 2015, Daniel W. Whitney, Sr. was honored for his positive effects on the Fire Sprinkler industry when he received the prestigious National Fire Sprinkler Association’s President’s Award at the 2015 North American Fire Sprinkler Exposition.
With an in-depth understanding of such systems, their operation, their components, and the applicable NFPA standards and state codes, we are able to provide a full spectrum of services to our clients. These services include risk and liability avoidance analysis, defense of civil suits, creation of response programs, review and preparation of contracts, review and assistance in ongoing litigation matters handled by insurance panel counsel, and compliance with requirements of voluntary replacement programs.
Whitney, LLP is closely-connected to the Fire Protection industry, with partners who are members of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), American Fire Sprinkler Association (AFSA) and the National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA). Whitney, LLP has handled claims and litigation for Fire Sprinkler Contractors in more than 20 states and Canada. Among the types of claims that we have defended are:
- Unintended sprinkler system discharges
- Negligent installation, inspection, and/or service of systems
- Failure to discharge/fire loss
- False alarm claims
These claims have involved a variety of equipment and systems, including:
- Kitchen fire suppression systems
- Gas pump fire suppression systems
- Airplane hanger fire suppression systems
- Clean room fire suppression systems
- Industrial suppression systems
- Residential fire protection systems
- Residential and commercial fire detection/alarm systems
- Residential burglar alarm systems
- Commercial burglar alarm systems
- Commercial fire protection systems
Contact Daniel W. Whitney, Sr. at (410) 583-8000 to discuss representation in Fire and Life-Safety Systems claims.