A wrongful death is a tragic, unnecessary and avoidable death that is caused by the negligence of another person or company. While no amount of compensation can ever replace the loss of a family member, receiving financial security after a loss can ensure the family’s security and future. Holding the responsible parties accountable for their actions can help families move forward in the grieving process. Importantly, Maryland law limits the time during which a wrongful death action can be filed. Contact us now at (410) 583-8000 to discuss how we can help achieve financial security for your family.
Causes of Wrongful Death Include:
- Drunk or reckless drivers.
- Physical violence.
- Deaths caused at malls or stores due to insufficient security staff.
- Manufacturers of dangerous and defective products.
- Emergency Room Medical Malpractice – hospital workers’ negligence in the emergency room, such as performing surgical errors, misdiagnosing a health condition, or prematurely discharging a patient.
- Anesthesia Malpractice – administration of a fatal anesthetic dosage.
Compensation for Wrong Death
Courts may consider these factors when determining the amount of compensation the deceased’s family may receive:
- The salary and earnings of the deceased
- Loss of companionship
- Financial support the deceased provided to the survivors
- Medical and funeral costs
Our Maryland Wrongful Death Attorneys Can Help
Whitney, LLP has experience counseling grieving families and working on their behalf to hold the negligent parties financially responsible for the death of a loved one. Contact us now for your free consultation. Call (410) 583-8000 or use our Quick Contact Form. When calling, request Daniel W. Whitney.