Please feel free to browse our library of legal resources for more information about termite damage, car dealer fraud, real estate claims, bed bug bites, hotel and landlord liability and injury claims. Call us with any questions, or for your Free Consultation.
To schedule a free and private case evaluation with the experienced attorneys of Whitney, LLP, call our law offices today at (410) 583-8000 or contact us online.
Real Estate Pages
- What Do Real Estate Agents Have To Disclose?
- What Are My Rights If The Seller Hid Water Damage?
- What Are My Rights If The Seller Lied And Hid Latent Defects?
- When A Real Estate Agent Breaches Their Fiduciary Duty
- What Are My Rights If A Real Estate Agent Lies?
- When the Seller Lied On The Property Disclosure Statement
- A Real Estate Brokerage’s Fiduciary Duty
- Lawyer to Sue Real Estate Brokers for Misrepresentation
- Attorney for House Problems after Purchase
- Attorney to Sue Negligent Real Estate Agents
- Lawsuits against Real Estate Brokers
- Lawyer For Unethical Real Estate Agent Misconduct
- Lawyer To Sue Home Sellers For Misrepresentation
- Lawyer to Sue Home Sellers After Buying A House
- My Real Estate Agent Did Not Get A Termite Inspection
- Professional Negligence By Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Agent Failed To Disclose Termite Damage
- The Seller And Real Estate Agent Failed To Disclose Water Damage
- Signs And Tricks Of Bad Real Estate Agents
- What Are Some Common Reasons Why Real Estate Agents Get Sued?
Termite Damage Resources
- What Are My Rights If the Seller Hid Termite Activity or Damage?
- Do Mortgage Lenders Require A Termite/WDI Inspection?
- What Does a WDI Inspection Include?
- Lawyer to Sue a Home Inspector for Termites in Baltimore
- Lawyer to Sue a Home Inspector for Termites in Maryland
- Maryland Attorney for Homeowner Who Sold a House with Termites
- My Seller’s House Inspector Missed or Withheld Termite Damage or Termites
- Termite Inspection Attorney Serving Maryland
- Who is Responsible if the Termite Inspection Report Is Inaccurate?
Bed Bug Resources
- How Much is My Bed Bug Lawsuit Worth? – 2021
- My Apartment Has Bed Bugs What Are My Rights? – 2021
- Lawyer for Bed Bugs in Maryland – 2021
- Annapolis, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Atlanta, GA Bed Bug Lawyer
- Baltimore Airbnb Bed Bug Lawyer
- Baltimore Nursing Home Bed Bug Bites Lawyer
- Bed Bug Lawyer that Advertises on WCAO HEAVEN 600
- Bed Bug Lawyer that Advertises on Z104.3 Radio Station
- Chicago Bed Bug Lawyer
- Chicago Hotel Bed Bug Lawyer
- College Park, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Columbia, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Columbia, MD Airbnb Bed Bug Lawyer
- Columbus, OH Bed Bug Lawyer
- Comfort Suites Bed Bug Lawyer
- Deep Creek Lake, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Disney World Hotel Bed Bug Lawyer
- Florida Bed Bug Lawyer
- Four Points Hotel by Sheraton Bed Bug Lawyer
- Germantown, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Glen Burnie, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Houston Bed Bug Lawyer
- Las Vegas Bed Bug Lawyer
- Las Vegas Hotel Bed Bug Lawyer
- Lawyer for Getting Bed Bugs at a Clarion Hotel
- Lawyer for Getting Bed Bugs at a Comfort Inn Hotel
- Lawyer for Getting Bed Bugs at a Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotel
- Lawyer for Getting Bed Bugs at a Sleep Inn Hotel
- Lawyer for Getting Bed Bugs at an Econo Lodge Hotel
- Lawyer for If Your Apartment Has Bed Bugs in Maryland
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Courtyard Hotel
- Lawyer if You Got Bed Bugs at a Hotel in Florida
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Hotel in Maryland
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Hotel in New Jersey
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Hotel in Orlando, FL
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a JW Marriott Hotel
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Marriott Hotel
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Quality Inn Hotel
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Renaissance Hotel
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Sheraton Hotel
- Lawyer if You Got Bed Bugs at a SpringHill Suites by Marriott Hotel
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a W Hotel
- Lawyer If You Got Bed Bugs at a Westin Hotel
- Lawyer for Senior Living Home Bed Bug Infestation Rights
- Los Angeles (LA) Bed Bug Lawyer
- Los Angeles (LA) Hotel Bed Bug Lawyer
- Maryland Airbnb Bed Bug Lawyer
- Maryland Bed Bug Lawyer
- Morgan Properties Apartment Management Maryland Bed Bug Lawyer
- New York City (NYC) Airbnb Bed Bug Lawyer
- New York City (NYC) Bed Bug Lawyer
- New York City (NYC) Hotel Bed Bug Lawyer
- Ocean City, MD Airbnb Bed Bug Lawyer
- Ocean City, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Orlando, FL Bed Bug Lawyer
- Residence Inn Hotel by Marriott Bed Bug Lawyer
- Rockville, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Silver Spring, MD Airbnb Bed Bug Lawyer
- Silver Spring, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Upper Marlboro, MD Bed Bug Lawyer
- Washington, D.C. Apartment Bed Bug Lawyer
- Washington, D.C. Bed Bug Lawyer
- Washington, D.C. Hotel Bed Bug Lawyer
Car Dealer Fraud Resource Pages
Hotel Resource Pages
Bed bug infestations are alarmingly common in hotels and motels across the United States, ranging from high-end luxury suites to no-frills budget lodging. No matter where your journey takes you, injuries and property damage caused by bed bugs is always a risk for hotel guests.
With corporate headquarters in Maryland, Choice Hotels operates more than 6,000 hotels and motels in states throughout the U.S. If you were bitten by bed bugs while staying a hotel reserved through Choice Hotels, you may be able to file a lawsuit in Maryland regardless of where your hotel was located.
If you were injured or suffered a financial loss arising from property damage after staying at a Days Inn hotel room infested by bed bugs, you may be able to claim compensation. Because Days Inn’s parent company is based in New Jersey, it may be possible to file a lawsuit in New Jersey.
In addition to their signature line of hotels, the Holiday Inn franchise also operates additional brands such as Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Resorts. Our attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation if you suffered from bed bug bite injuries or property damage after staying at an infested Holiday Inn.
Marriott hotel brands include Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance Hotels, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, and TownePlace Suites. All Marriott hotels must provide guests with safe and sanitary rooms which are free of bed bugs, or may be held liable for resulting bite injuries and property damage.
In the U.S., the Ritz-Carlton franchise includes 40 hotels across 14 states and Washington D.C. Because Ritz-Carlton has corporate headquarters in Chevy Chase, MD, legal claims stemming from personal injury and property damage may be brought in the state of Maryland.
Super 8 is owned by New Jersey-based Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. This means bed bug bite victims can potentially file claims in New Jersey, even if the Super 8 was located in another state.
The Wyndham brand includes many popular hotels and resorts, including Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, and Travelodge. Because Wyndham’s parent company is based in New Jersey, plaintiffs may be able to file claims in New Jersey regardless of where the Wyndham visit occurred.
Maryland Information by County
Anne Arundel County is home to more than 500,000 residents, many of whom live in the city of Annapolis. Unfortunately, in addition to its human inhabitants, Anne Arundel County is also home to a large population of bed bugs.
Bed bug extermination treatments are often expensive. Often times tenants are told by their landlord that they, the tenants, are responsible for paying for the treatment. However, in Carroll County, responsibility for extermination is determined by law, and not by the landlord.
Harford County is home to around 250,000 residents. A significant portion of those residents are renters. Determining whether the landlord or tenant is responsible for a bed bug infestation in Harford County requires reviewing the Harford County Code, but bed bugs also destroy property, infest and ruin valuable furniture, and can make your home or apartment unlivable.
Howard County adopts the 2006 version of the International Property Maintenance Code for matters regarding infestation. Their Code of Ordinances provides a few amendments and omissions. In Howard County, the owner of a rental property is responsible for exterminating the structure. Howard County has no distinction between single-unit or multi-unit structures. In 2012 Howard County had 27,556 renters of apartments.
In Montgomery County, an occupant of a single dwelling unit must exterminate any insects, rodents, or other vermin in or on the premise. However, in a multi-unit building, the occupant of a unit must exterminate if that unit is the only one infested. The cases where the owner must exterminate include: infestations is in more than one unit or a shared/common area of a dwelling; or if the infestation was caused by the owner’s failure to maintain the dwelling in a rat-proof or reasonably insect-proof condition. In 2012 Montgomery County had 115,621 renter occupied apartments.
Prince George’s County in Maryland was home to more than 890,000 residents as of 2013. According to data taken from the U.S. Census, approximately 113,000 of those residents are renters. In fact, nearly one third (32.5%) of all housing in Prince George’s County consists of multi-unit structures, compared to the Maryland state average of just 25.5%.
Renting your furniture can be a convenient and affordable financial option. Unfortunately, rental products also carry a serious health concern: bed bug infestations. Each time a rental product passes from one temporary owner to the next, the risk of infestation increases. Since bed bugs are tiny and difficult to detect, and because renters cannot be certain of where the rental product has been in the past, it is easy for unknowing consumers to accidentally bring these unwanted guests into their homes.
Bed bugs are well-known for their ability to hitch-hike from location to location. When a consumer unknowingly leases bug-infested furniture or appliances from a furniture rental company like Aaron’s or Rent-A-Center, it’s only a matter of time before the bed bugs begin to breed and proliferate, leading to major infestation in months or even weeks.
Car Accident Resources
- Bethesda Car Accident Lawyer
- Elliot City Car Accident Lawyer
- Frederick City Car Accident Lawyer
- Gaithersburg Car Accident Lawyer
- Rockville Car Accident Lawyer
- Silver Spring Car Accident Lawyer
Consumer Fraud Resources
- Baltimore Dealership Odometer Fraud Lawyer
- Maryland Attorney for Car Dealership Option + Feature Add-On Fraud
- Maryland Attorney for Car Purchase that was More than the Advertised Price
Medical Laboratory Testing Resources
- Attorney for Lab or Clinical HIV Misdiagnosis
- Maryland Laboratories Testing and Diagnostic Error Attorney
- Medical Laboratory Testing and Diagnostic Attorney
- Johns Hopkins Medical Laboratories Testing and Diagnostic Error Attorney
- Kaiser Permanente Regional Laboratory Testing and Diagnostic Error Attorney
- LabCorp Testing Error and Diagnostic Attorney
- Medstar St. Mary’s Hospital Laboratory Testing and Diagnostic Error Attorney
- University of Maryland Shore Medical Center Testing and Diagnostic Error Attorney
- Quest Diagnostics Testing and Diagnostics Error Attorney