Living with Bed Bugs? Our Lawyers Can Help.
If you have been living with and bitten by bed bugs in your apartment, you have legal rights and can recover significant compensation against your landord. Whitney, LLP has experience successfully maximizing compensation for victims of bed bugs.
Our clients are often surprised at what their cases are worth, and did not know they can file a lawsuit and seek damages in bed bug cases. What some our clients have to say about us.
Landlords are required to provide a clean, safe apartment, including:
- Provide new rental apartments free of bed bug infestation;
- Take quick action, including inspecting adjacent units and treating all infested areas, when bed bugs are reported;
- Not ignore tenant complaints of bed bugs;
- Not tell tenants to treat it themselves;
- Not self-treat infestations using ineffective chemicals with untrained maintenance workers; and
- Not hire incompetent pest control companies to perform numerous ineffective treatments.
If you have been living with a bed bug infestation, Whitney, LLP’s lawyers handle landlord-tenant bed bug cases, and we may be able to help you recover significant compensation.
Compensation For Bed Bug Bites and Infestations
Whether tenants and their families are moved into already-infested apartments, or they are subjected to their complaints being ignored or numerous ineffective treatments, they may be entitled to recover compensation for their injuries.
Compensation for bed bug bites and infestations include:
- bodily injury, including bites, itching, red marks, disfigurement and scarring;
- emotional distress, including stress, anxiety and sleeplessness;
- property damage and loss; and
- economic loss.
Some of our recent results in lawsuits against Maryland landlords and property managers are listed below. Of course, all cases are different, and past experience is no guarantee of future results. Our clients are often surprised at what their cases are worth, and do not know they can file a lawsuit and seek damages in bed bug cases.
- $120,000 settlement against Morgan Properties and others at The Willows at Glen Burnie;
- $100,000 settlement against a Baltimore City landlord for leasing a tenant an infested unit;
- $90,000 verdict in Baltimore City against a landlord who moved a tenant into an infested apartment;
- $70,000 settlement at Highland Village Townhomes in Halethorpe, MD after tenants moved into an infested apartment;
- $55,000 against Glen Ridge apartments and $65,000 against Willows Apartments, managed by Morgan Properties;
- $90,000 settlement against a Section 8 Baltimore City landlord for failing to quickly treat an infestation, and allowing it to persist for over a year;
- $35,000 settlement against a Columbia, MD landlord for leasing a tenant an infested unit.
Other results in our bed bug cases can be viewed here.
Legal Consultations for Bed Bug Claims
If you have been forced to live with bed bugs, call Whitney, LLP. We have helped many tenants and families fight back against bad landlords, move out without penalty, and recover significant compensation for the nightmare experience of living with bed bugs.
Whitney, LLP has significant experience maximizing compensation for victims of bed bugs. We offer Legal Consultations to all potential clients who want to discuss their potential claims. Our clients pay no out-of-pocket fees or expenses. Attorney’s fees and expenses are paid only out of compensation we recover for our clients. Our clients are often surprised at what their claims are worth.
Call us at 410 583 8000, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or use our Online Quick Contact Form below, and we will call you back.