Hotel Bed Bug Claims in Maryland 2023
If you have recently stayed in a Maryland hotel and suffered from bed bug bites, you may be entitled to compensation. Bed bug infestations in hotels are becoming increasingly common as travel increases in post-COVID 2023. With the increase in travel, unsuspecting hotel guests are again often suffering from bed bug bites and finding a bed bug infestation in their hotel room.
Many victims want to know if they can take legal action to seek compensation for their injuries from bed bug bites. The answer is Yes. The law firm of Whitney, LLP in Towson, Maryland has experience handling bed bug claims across Maryland, including in Baltimore, Ocean City, Annapolis, Rockville, Frederick and Cumberland.
What Is Your Case Worth? Whitney, LLP offers Free Evaluations. Our clients in bed bug cases pay no out of pocket fees or expenses.
Understanding Bed Bug Claims in Maryland Hotels
Bed bugs are small, reddish-brown insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. They are most commonly found in hotels, motels, and other places where people sleep. Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to eliminate and can cause serious health problems, including skin rashes, allergies, and even psychological distress.
Hotels often cut costs on pest control and housekeeping, which results in guests being bitten by bed bugs.
Filing a Bed Bug Claim in Maryland
If you have been bitten by bed bugs in a Maryland hotel, it is important to take action as soon as possible. The first step in a hotel bed bug injury claim is to document the infestation by taking photographs, video and collecting physical evidence, such as bed bugs in plastic bags. This evidence will be critical in establishing your case and securing compensation.
Next, contact the experienced bed bug lawyers at Whitney, LLP to discuss your case. As experienced attorneys, we can help you navigate the legal process and fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
It is important to choose an attorney who has experience handling bed bug claims in Maryland. Whitney, LLP has recovered over $15,000,000 for our clients in bed bug claims.
Top Maryland Areas for Hotel Stays
Due to high turnover in hotel guests who visiting for business or pleasure, and from Maryland residents who traveling across the states, certain areas of Maryland seem to have more hotel bed bug claims than others.
Whitney, LLP has found that bed bug infestations are often reported in Baltimore, Ocean City, Annapolis, Rockville and Frederick.
- Baltimore – The largest city in Maryland, Baltimore is home to many popular attractions, including the Inner Harbor, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and the National Aquarium.
- Ocean City – A popular beach destination located on the eastern shore of Maryland, Ocean City is known for its boardwalk, amusement parks, and seafood restaurants. Many hotels in Ocean City have problems with bed bugs, especially during the busy summer season.
- Annapolis – The capital of Maryland, Annapolis is a popular tourist destination known for its historic architecture, museums, and the United States Naval Academy. High end hotels in and around Annapolis have been found to have highly questionable practices involving how bed bug reports by guests are handled.
- Rockville – A suburb of Washington, D.C., Rockville is known for its shopping, dining, and entertainment options, as well as its proximity to many of the nation’s capital’s attractions.
Why You Need an Experienced Bed Bug Lawyer
Bed bug hotel injury claims can be complex and difficult to prove, and it is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side. An experienced attorney will also be able to negotiate with the hotel on your behalf and ensure that your rights are protected. Insurance adjusters usually offer low-ball, nonsensical settlement offers to unrepresented victims in hotel bed bug injury claims.
It often takes a lawsuit to be filed against the property manager and sometimes the hotel’s pest control company as well before reasonable compensation is offered. Whitney, LLP has experience maximizing compensation in bed bug cases.
Expert Witnesses in Hotel Bed Bug Injury Claims
An experienced bed bug lawyer will also have the resources necessary to investigate your case and gather the evidence necessary to support your claim. This may include hiring experts to testify on your behalf and conducting a thorough investigation into the cause of the infestation.
Whitney, LLP often retains an expert on the standard of care regarding hotel bed bug inspections and treatment, and an expert dermatologist to inspect, review and testify to our clients’ bites in order to bring the strongest case possible.
Finding the Right Bed Bug Lawyer in Maryland – Whitney, LLP
The law firm of Whitney, LLP is believed to have filed more Maryland bed bug lawsuits and recovered more money in Maryland bed bug lawsuits, than any other law firm.
Whitney, LLP has a long history of successfully settling bed bug cases. Two examples of settlements that the firm has achieved after filing a lawsuit include:
- A settlement of $175,000 for a family of three who were placed in an infested Maryland hotel room. Compensation included damages for bed bug bites and emotional distress.
- A settlement of $250,000 for a Maryland hotel guest who was bitten by bed bugs during their stay. The guest was able to recover compensation for medical expenses and emotional distress. The hotel was found to have a history of untreated infestation.
Of course, every case is different and past settlements do not guarantee future results.
Contact Whitney, LLP Today
If you have suffered bed bug bites after experiencing a hotel bed bug infestation in a Maryland hotel, it is important to take action as soon as possible. Contact Whitney, LLP today to have your potential case reviewed and evaluated.